Friday, September 5, 2008

Nedved: I’d Give Up Golf For Champions League


Nedved has never hidden his desire to win Europe’s premier club competition, and he was cruelly robbed of the chance of glory back in 2003 when he was suspended for the penalty shootout final defeat against Milan.

The chances of the Czech winning the competition appeared to have gone when Juventus were relegated down to Serie B after Calciopoli in 2006, but now two years later they are back in the big time.

“I would give up all the pleasures in my life to win the Champions League,” Nedved told Juventus Channel.

“I'd sacrifice so many things, even the games of golf with Alessandro Del Piero and Mauro Camoranesi - everything except my wife and children.

“And if we won it I would even go to Tokyo for the Club World Cup.”

The 36-year-old Nedved, who scored in the 1-1 draw against Fiorentina in the Serie A opener on Sunday, is confident of a successful season for Juve.

“I think we are in a better position than last year because we have had an excellent transfer campaign and some quality players have arrived,” he stated.

“After everything that happened regarding the Calciopoli scandal we are stronger inside and we will be very tough to beat.”

No comments: