Thursday, August 28, 2008

Ronaldinho Finds Support In Rivaldo

Rivaldo played for Milan during the 2002/03 season and, like Ronaldinho, joined from Barcelona after being released by then coach Louis Van Gaal.Many deemed him a flop and some skeptics believe Ronaldinho’s move to San Siro has an element of déjà vu, but the 2002 World Champion believes otherwise.“Ronaldinho? He will make it at Milan,” Rivaldo told La Gazzetta Dello Sport.“I wasn’t a flop there. I played a lot considering the condition I was in.“I was a part of one of the best clubs in the world; I won things and enjoyed my time there.“Ronaldinho will do better than me there because he arrives much younger than I was when I moved there. He is only 28 and he is a great champion.“He will do extraordinary things at Milan. He won’t have any trouble adapting to Serie A and he will get back to his best at San Siro.”'Dinho arrived at Milan in a mega money deal from Barcelona, but the move was far from easy. Indeed, the transfer saga rumbled on painfully all summer.Critics have scoffed at the player’s arrival following his poor form over the past two years in La Liga, but he has looked outstanding during pre-season.

No comments: