Friday, August 29, 2008

Donadoni: Lippi Needs The Shop Window Not Me


The former Livorno boss was ousted as Nazionale coach following Italy’s Euro 2008 shambles with Lippi returning to the helm.

It was a bitter pill to swallow for the Don and he is still eating sour grapes now.

“Am I annoyed with Lippi? Absolutely not, I have nothing against him, everyone is free to do what they like but I would have done things differently to him,” Donadoni told Il Giornale.

“I don’t need to put myself on the shop window and I would not have put myself forward to coach Milan and Inter, for me it’s a question of style.”

The former Milan midfielder spoke about Alessandro Del Piero’s decision not to take a penalty against Spain and he believes the Juve man should own up rather than hide.

“Some things need to remain in the changing rooms but I believe it would be better if the person concerned came out to speak about it rather than hide,” added the coach.

“Italy? I don’t think there is anything wrong with the squad but then if certain players don’t want to play then they should stay at home.

“It would have been interesting to find out why Lippi dropped Antonio Cassano but he never explained.”

Donadoni also spoke about his future plans and he reveals he will go to Inter to try and learn some special coaching methods from Jose Mourinho.

“I will travel around Italy. I think I will go to Inter’s Appiano Gentile training ground to learn some new things from Mourinho. Then I will travel to England and Spain.

“I think Mourinho will do well he has been doing some great things already but we must not forget what Roberto Mancini did there also.

“Ronaldinho? I think Milan will get him back to his best.”

Donadoni’s comments with regards to Lippi and Del Piero are likely to cause a reaction. He wants to learn from Mourinho, but it seems as if he has already as he begins to take aim and shoot down other coaches just like the ‘Special One’ did when he arrived on the Italian scene.

No comments: