Friday, August 29, 2008

Forget Juventus, Real For The Champions League - Zidane


The Bianconeri will clash with the Spanish champions during their group stage in what promises to be one of the games of the tournament.

Zidane has spoken of both teams chances of success and he is leaning towards the Bernabeu side as he snubs the Old Lady which is not likely to go down too well with Juve fans who still have affection for their hero.

“The game between those two is going to be very strong. I played in Turin and at Madrid, need I say more?” Zidane told La Stampa.

“I will watch the game with great attention but I will be supporting Real Madrid, even though I had a great time in Turin.

“Juventus are a great club with great history and they are one of the most prestigious. I am happy the club returned, it can only be a good thing for European football.

“I think the Bianconeri can have a good run, they have champion players and they are used to success but my favourite for the competition is Real, they will triumph in Rome.”

Zidane arrived in Turin in 1996 from Bordeaux. He spent five seasons at the Delle Alpi before making a world record £52m move to Real Madrid in 2001.

The French man fired Los Blancos to Champions League glory the following season. He was never able to win Europe’s most wanted trophy in Turin and he lost the final of the competition twice in a row against Borussia Dortmund in 1997 and Real in 1998.

No comments: