Friday, August 29, 2008

I Am As Good As Messi And Aguero - Giovinco


The pint-sized hit-man has been outstanding during pre-season and he is likely to shine for Juve this term.

The 21-year is quickly becoming one of the best players in Serie A and he has compared himself to two of the greatest players in Spain.

“Yes, I always get compared to those two players, they are both great superstars but I am like them. I am like Aguero and Messi,” Giovinco told Tuttosport.

“My aims with Juve are to show my true worth. It will be hard to repeat the achievements last term but we have a team who can aim high.

“I had the choice to go elsewhere but I decided to come back to Juve because it has always been my dream to play for them and I am going to use my strengths in order to stay.”

Giovinco spent last season on loan at Empoli where his superb performances attracted the attention of several top sides.

Palermo tried to snap him up but the Old Lady started swinging her hand bag and the Rosanero backed down.

The Bianconeri will now be looking forward to a successful campaign both on the continent and domestically as Giovino tries to prove that he can be the heir to Pavel Nedved’s throne.

No comments: