Saturday, October 11, 2008

Mom gets pregnant with triplets while on pill, ... for those of you that didn't believe it could happen

A 22-year-old woman gave birth to identical triplets – even though she was taking the birth control pill when she became pregnant.

Kirsty Hale said it felt “unreal” when she discovered she was having not one, but three babies.

She gave birth to Gabriella, Lily and Alicia 13 weeks early after an emergency Caesarean section.

“I was shocked when I found out I was pregnant,” Hale said. “When I found out it was triplets, I was hysterical. I don’t know if I was laughing or crying. It didn’t sink in until we bought three car seats and lined them up in the hallway.”

Since the babies are premature, they will have to stay in the hospital until December.

The odds of having identical triplets are 200 million to one.

“I think maybe in the future, we’ll try for a boy, so I have a bit of back up in the house,” said Hale’s fiancé, Toby Wilson.

No comments: